- Lancia is Partner to the international contemporary art event, running at the Oval in Turin from 7 to 9 November and hosting 194 galleries from 34 different countries.
- Lancia and Artissima are two congruous brands that explore the most modern confines of Design, Art and Style, seeking forms and trends which are contemporary and innovative.
- Lancia's partnership is part of a wider project which, for more than four years, has seen the brand at the side of young creatives. The international web magazine www.LanciaTrendVisions.com was created for them. This talent scouting laboratory is dedicated to those seeking new trends in fashion, design, lifestyle, photography, art and architecture.
- A fleet of Lancia's is available to the organisers, for an exclusive "VIP Courtesy Car" service.
- On display in a dedicated area is the new Lancia Ypsilon ELLE, the top-of-the-range version that has been on sale for just a few weeks. The special series results from the renewed partnership with Elle magazine, the point of reference for women who want to know about fashion, style and wellbeing, as well as new trends, in advance.
For the first time, the Lancia brand is Partner to "Artissima", the International Contemporary Art Event, in its 21st edition, running in Turin from 7 to 9 November. Hosted in the Oval (Lingotto Fiere) and under the artistic direction of Sarah Cosulich Canarutto, the prestigious exhibition incorporates 194 galleries (137 foreign and 57 Italian), including today's most contemporary names and those of greatest interest to the international art market, from 34 different countries, 9 of which are new additions with respect to the Fair's last edition.
"Artissima 2014" thus provides a distinguished insight into the finest research in the field of the visual arts and an unmissable cultural event for professionals, collectors and art lovers alike. By no means could Lancia pass up this internationally unique kaleidoscope of colours and materials, confirming its attention to the world of Art and Design, a communications "territory" in which it is visibly in its element. This is amply demonstrated by LanciaTrendVisions.com, the talent scouting site which has offered visibility to emerging creatives since 2010. On the one hand, it offers a daily selection of new works by young talents and on the other it hosts editorials and interviews with established and emerging creatives, in an active and engaging dialogue.
For "Artissima 2014", the Brand is providing the organisers with a fleet of Lancia cars for an exclusive 'VIP Courtesy Car' service.
There will be a Lancia area inside the Oval in Turin where the public can admire an example of the new Ypsilon ELLE recently presented at the Paris motor show, the special series that results from the renewed partnership with Elle magazine, the point of reference for women who want to know about fashion, style and wellbeing, as well as new trends, in advance.
The new "ELLE" edition offers paints, materials and exclusive finishes in line with the car's fashion DNA. It represents the top of the model range and presents the brand's distinguishing marks in a contemporary vein. For example, the introduction of three new colours created to show off the refines lines and distinctive personality of the Ypsilon: Glam Powder Pink conceived by the Centro Stile Lancia exclusively for the model, Glacè White and the must-have two-tone combination, in which Glam Powder Pink is sharply and elegantly set off by the contrasting Vulcano Black roof. This is all embellished by the dark chrome finishes - on grille, fog light frame and handles - to the body-coloured mirrors and the 15" diamond-finish or 16" Powder Pink diamond-finish alloy wheels. Standing out on the pillars are the "ELLE" logo in dark chrome and the exclusive Houndstooth graphics, which provide a contemporary take on a style classic.
This strong personality is also found inside, as demonstrated by the specific upholstery of the seats with cushion and backrest in black Alcantara with electro-welded ELLE graphics and Powder Pink leather bands with black stitching. The same Powder Pink also features on the door panels, the dashboard fascia and the mat edges. In a flawless colour combination, black leather with Powder Pink stitching elegantly covers the steering wheel and gear knob. Even more exclusive detailing comes in the front Alcantara headrests customised with the ELLE logo and the Glam Powder Pink key cover with ELLE logo.
The return of Alcantara to the range is worthy of note. This great "classic" of contemporary Lancia elegance made its début back in 1984 on the flagship Thema and went on to appear in all four generations of the Ypsilon. Moreover, Lancia, Alcantara and the Milan Polytechnic collaborated to create an exclusive collection of Alcantara fashion accessories dedicated to the Ypsilon ELLE, by two young designers - Valentina Bruzzi and Alan della Noce - who teach the Fashion Design degree course. This is genuine and captivating jewellery, thanks to the extreme versatility of this high-quality material, paying homage to the first buyers of the special series in Lancia dealerships, as well as being a way to reinforce the link between the Ypsilon, its target and its natural context, the world of style and beauty.
Turin, 21 October 2014
Lancia newsletter official